Thursday, July 15, 2010

That one hole!?!

Lately, I've been playing really consistent and have shot 91 on the last four rounds.  What kills me is that one hole or a "blow up" hole where I end up with a triple..and voila!..91.  I get so pissed when this happens.  Take for example yesterday.

I was on route to break 90..all I needed was a bogey on the last whole to get 89.  It was a par 4..392 yards..and I just hit one of my best drives all day..straight down the middle left fairway..I had about 100 yards left

I get to the ball..licking my chops..ball is sitting nicely on the fairway..I take a swing and hit it fat..what the hell.  Then hit it again and..short..right into the bunker..what the hell.  So, anyway I get out and now lying four on the green..and I three putt.  Talk about the Golf Gods "adjusting" my score.

To me, a 91 is miles away from an 89..even though it's only 2 strokes.  I guess I can't complain as I feel pretty good with the game, less the blow up holes, but feel I'm getting so close to getting sub-90 consistently..we'll see.

No comments: