Monday, July 17, 2006

Got A Camera..


I finally decided to take the plunge into the 21st century and got a digital camera..WA-HOO!! I've always been partial to the Canon family and enjoyed how well their pictures came out and very durable. I wanted to get something that was easy but still had some cool options and within a budget. I decided to go with the Canon PowerShot A620.

It's not as small as I prefer but since it'll be serving double duty for family as well as golf photos it will do. It can also take up to a continuous 1GB of video, approximately 8 minutes, which should be plenty to make some homegrown golf videos which I haven't done in awhile. I also am getting tied of constantly scanning photos to send to friends and family. I can't wait to take it onto the gourse and try it out. I ordered it online at Adorama Photo because I've bought from them before without a problem.

I played my customary back 9 at my home course. As always it's just not enough when you get on a roll. I'm calling in sick tomorrow to play a full round. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get the camera and take it out.

On a sidenote: The Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5 sold on Ebay for a nice price. I told my wife I'm giving her the profits which made her happy..and me too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you keep the women happy, they'll keep you happy :).

Tom.... said...

we got the same Canon but with 5.0. I can't believe how cool it is....you can't get a bad pic, and you don't end up paying for someone walking in front of the subject, and you only pay for what you want, and you can edit and crop, and ..and....well, it's cool.

Andrew said...

I can't wait to take some pictures with it..looks like it is a well taken digi-cam and alot of followers.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not a brand nut, but I am a big fan of Canon. You made a great choice and I'm sure you'll be happy with it! I've always been happy with mine (and I have several Canons). ~Zero Dean (Los Angeles photographer)